2019 Event Schedule (Note: Dates & Events Subject To Change)
Please note maximum effort events: (MAX)
- February 2nd - Annual Army of the Wabash Meeting at Murpah Shrine Club, 3671 Shriner Dr., Muncie, IN 47303 at 3:00 PM (MAX)
- February 16th Saturday - Unit Meeting at Fort Wayne History Center – 302 E. Berry Street - 2:00 PM Will go over any potential schedule changes, Final Ball items and any other new business. (MAX)
- March 9th Annual Meeting: Cumberland Guard Annual Meeting. (Lutheran Hospital, 7950 West Jefferson Boulevard, Fort Wayne, Indiana, Function Room 2. 10:30 AM. Review of 2018 Events and planning for 2019. Contact Rob Van at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- March 9th - Annual Military and Citizens Dress Ball, 7:00 PM (MAX)
See Ball Pictures on this web site!!! Or videos on YouTube!
The 30th Indiana Volunteers Infantry, Co. F. & The Homefront will be hosting their 22nd Annual Victorian Spring Ball,
Saturday, March 9th, 2017, at the Fort Wayne History Center, 302 E. Berry St, Fort Wayne,
Indiana. Grand March to begin at 7:00 PM. Come at 6:00 to organize your dance card!
Appetizers and Desserts will be served throughout the evening. Tickets can be purchased for $40 a person from Sue Pfeiffer.
Sue Pfeiffer can be contacted at: (260) 422-3604 or email@example.com
Send payment to: 30th Indiana, 3223 Marias Drive, Fort Wayne, IN 46815-6323
- Another way to reserve your tickets for the ball is on the facebook site
- If you attend the Ball, please send pics to firstname.lastname@example.org so they can be posted to our web site! or Post the pictures on the 30th Indiana Facebook site
- March 17th Sunday - Unit meeting at Smith Home at 2:00 PM (MAX)
- March 16th & 17th: Black Powder Gun Show: 43rd Annual Kalamazoo Living History Black powder Gun Show (Kalamazoo Fair Grounds, 2900 Lake Street [off I-94, Exit 80 North], Kalamazoo, Michigan). 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM - Saturday, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM - Sunday. The largest, nationally recognized, juried show in the Midwest devoted to pre-1890 original or reproduction living history supplies, accouterments and related crafts.
- April 13th & 14th Reenactment Pyramid State Park DuQuion, IL. Will be fighting with the Western Rifles Group out of Illinois. Saturday battle is Chickamauga so repeaters and muskets are welcome. Sunday is the 1862 Battle of Belmont Missouri. So only muskets or Spencers for that battle. The “Greasy Spoon Saloon & Gaming Emporium” will be open Saturday evening. Todd Koster will be our commander for the event. We will be about 100 miles from the Belmont, MO battlefield if you want to visit.
- April 21st - Unit meeting Location TBD at 2:00 PM (MAX)
- 4 - 5. Civil War Show: Annual Ohio Civil War Show and Annual Artillery Show (Richland County Fairgrounds - U.S. 30 & Trimble Road Exit located 7 miles West of Exit 176 on I-71), Mansfield, Ohio). Saturday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Sunday 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM. Seven Hundred Fifty tables of military items, book, prints, etc. $6.00 Admission, children under 12 - free. Free Parking. Website: http://www.ohiocivilwarshow.com
- May 25th & 26th - Civil War Days Coldwater, MI
- May 30th Thursday - Traditional Memorial Day Service at the Lindenwood Cemetery in Fort Wayne. 6:00PM (MAX)
- May 30th After Lindenwood - Huntington Illumination Ceremony - 8:30PM - 9:30PM - General Slack Park 929 Guilford St.
- June 1st & 2nd. 30th Indiana & 50th Virginia Civil War Living History. Skirmishes, Camp Life, firearm demonstrations, drill, and cannon firing demonstrations. Straw and firewood provided, but no bounties for artillery. Other re-enactment units who wish to participate, would be greatly welcomed.
- June 8th - 9th - Spring Mill - Spring Mill state park (AOW MAX EVENT)
- June TBA - Civil War Camp for Kids - Columbia City, IN
- June 15th - 16th - Turkeyville - Turkeyville, MI
- July 13th – The Three Rivers Festival Parade! This is a Max Event for the 30th! Please come and be prepared for the weather! Thank you all! 8:00AM at the corner of Rock Hill and Wayne Streets. We step off at 8:30! (MAX)
- July 13th - 14th Civil War Days at the Fort with the 44th Indiana and the 50th Virginia
- July 20th - 12st - Hastings, MI; Charleton Park, Website:www.charltonpark.org/news_events/special_events.html
- August 10th - 11th - Hale Farm & Village - Civil War Reenactment, Hale Farm, Ohio
- August 24th - 25th - Civil War Muster Jackson, MI - Ella Sharp Park 2800 4th Street, Website:www.civilwarmuster.org<
- Sept. 7th - 8th Stones Trace Ligonier, IN
- Sept. 14th - 15th Johnny Appleseed Festival - At the Coliseum - Fort Wayne, IN
- Sept. 27th - Education Day for the Angola Civil War Days
- Sept. 28th - 29th - Angola Civil War Days - Angola, IN (MAX Event for the 30th!)
- Oct 14th - Unit meeting at the Smith's House at 2:00 PM (30th MAX Event)
- October 19th - 20th Hartford City Civil War Days Back in October!(Hartford City, Indiana). Website:www.hartcitycwdays.com<
- November 1 - 3. Reenactment: Battle of Mill Springs (Nancy, Kentucky) Held on the Historic Mill Springs battlefield. This is the last chance to hold a Civil War reenactment on the actual battlefield. Daily Battles, Civil War Encampments, Sutler area, 1860s food, Evening Ball Saturday night, Civil War music, and crafts and lots more to see. Federal Commander: Rob Van of the Cumberland guard. Confederate Commander: Brian Mercle of the Tennessee Valley Battalion. Website: http://www.millspring2019.com
- November 9th Veterans Day Parade 9:00AM meet at Memorial Coliseum. Walk down Parnel to the start and come back to the Memorial Coliseum.
- Nov 17th - Unit meeting at Steve & Heidi Smith's House 2:00 PM (MAX)
- November 16th - Remembrance Day at Gettysburg, PA.
- Jan. 19th - Unit meeting at Lutheran Hospital 2:00 PM (MAX)